There are lots of options for Oakville kids and their families to have some fun in the Halton Region or the Greater Toronto Area over March Break. Whether you are looking for outdoor fun or a new adventure, these options have something for all Oakville families to consider. And of course, momstown Oakville has plenty going on this week too!
March Break Ideas for Oakville Families
1. It's Maple Syrup Time! Head to Mountsberg for Maple Town or to Bronte Creek Provincial Park for the Maple Syrup Festival. See our complete round up of maple syrup festival and events happening here.
2. Encourage your budding artist and attend a Family Painting Event At Crescent Hill Gallery
3. Take in one of the fun shows happening at Oakville Place on March 21 & 22.
4. Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington. Check out their newest exhibit all about Frogs!
5. Go Skating! Click here for public skating locations and times in Oakville during March Break and click here for a round up of outdoor skating rinks. Don't have skates? You can rent at most community centres in Oakville.
6. Meet Some Of Your Favourite Kids' CBC Characters At The Free Family Kite Festival Of Spring (Digital Game Zone Too!) on March 21 & 22. Join Patty and Bookaboo for story time, plus meet Patty, Bookaboo, Super Why! and Daniel Tiger
Mississauga Central Library (301 Burnhamthorpe Rd W) – Sat, March 21, 10am to 2pm
Bramalea City Centre (25 Peel Centre Drive) – Sun, March 22 from 11am to 4pm
7. Head to the Ontario Science Centre. They have a whole floor dedicated to kids (best for kids 15 months up to 6 years). Click here for their calendar and click here for information about IMAX movies like Under The Sea or The Rocky Mountain Express.
8. The Toronto Zoo is running an Animal Enrichment Extravaganza throughout March Break.
9. Been to Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto yet? Check out our tips for visiting this great attraction.
10. Visit The Royal Ontario Museum for their March Break Futurology program for families
11. Enjoy some water play fun at Waves Indoor Waterpark at Americana Resort in Niagara Falls.
12. Visit the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory for their BugFeast: Honey exhibit. That's right, it's time to eat some tasty insects!
13. Hit the local slopes! Glen Eden offers rentals and lessons and has tubing Friday through Sundays.
14. Keep busy indoors. Check out our round up of indoor playspaces in Oakville or withing a 30 minute drive. Try a place you've never been before!
15. Think green! Plan a St Patrick's Party together! Decorate the house green, bake some Irish Soda Bread and Guinness Stew, create shamrock themed crafts and invite the neighbours over for some board games and green kool-aid!
16. Go tobogganing. Find the best local spots in Oakville, Mississauga, Milton and Burlington by clicking here.
17. Go swimming! The Town of Oakville has added extra leisure swims during the March Break period. Click here for more information.
18. Get March Break passes at the YMCA of Oakville – access to so many options for parents and kids! Click here for more information.