It's hard to know how much Halloween candy to buy as the amount of trick or treaters seems to vary year over year. And if Halloween falls on a weekend, there seems to be more celebrating – more parties, more candy, more treats! The influx of Halloween candy is not yet in my house but I know that after all the parties and trick or treating fun, we'll have more Halloween candy at home than we know what to do with! Here are some recipe and craft ideas for what to do with leftover Halloween candy.
1. Use potato chips as breading for fish or chicken! Crush up potato chips and coat the item using mayonnaise, mustard or egg white to help adhere the chips.
2. Use crushed up potato chips to give your pasta bake or macaroni and cheese a twist.
3. Make S'Mores with left over pretzels – just swap out the graham crackers!
4. Take your favourite cake recipe and add 2 cups of chopped up Halloween candy. This cake is a guaranteed hit! Any birthdays in November that need special cake? This also works with your favourite brownie recipe.
5. Use left over Halloween candy to fill your holiday advent calendar! Click here for DIY instructions.
6. Save hard candies, suckers and caramels to use as decorations for your holiday gingerbread house.