These are my favourite cookies to make. I have also swapped out the chocolate chips for raisins and they are still fantastic. The wheat germ really adds to this recipe and I love that my kids have no idea its one of the ingredients!
Toast the wheat germ in the toaster oven or oven on a baking sheet but watch carefully, it only takes a few minutes and can burn quickly.
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Stir together oats, flour, wheat germ, baking soda and powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Put butter and sugars in a bowl and mix until pale and fluffy
4. Mix in eggs and vanilla
5. Add oat mixture and chocolate chips, mix just until combined.
6. Drop generous TBSP's of dough on to baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
7. Bake until golden and just set, about 12 minutes. Let cool about 2 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.