momstown Oakville explored all things desert for one of our monthly themes and so for our Junior Chef program, Oakville moms and kids made Sand Cake! This recipe is a great, no bake treat that kids can almost do all themselves. You'll need a large, clean sand pail or you could get mini pails to make individual servings.
1. Make the "sand" by crushing the Nilla Wafers with a potato masher or in a food processor.
2. Combine the Cool Whip, cream cheese, pudding mix, milk, and vanilla.
3. Layer a fifth of the crumbs in the bottom of a large, clean sand pail.
4. Top with a third of the pudding mixture, then a layer of crumbs.
5. Continue layering, ending with crumbs.
6. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
7. Decorate with the candy shells, if desired.