This stuffed chicken recipe is great for entertaining but also makes a nice switch up from some of your 'go to' chicken recipes. Even if they may not fall for the spinach, the pesto was a big hit with kids.
1. Blend the first five ingredients in a food processor or chopper until well mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1.Cut the chicken breast in half horizontally and pound the chicken is very thin. If you'd prefer, you can purchase chicken breasts already cut this way.
2. Place approximately 1/3 cup of spinach on one side of the chicken breast. Place 1-2 oz of feta cheese on top of the spinach. Spoon the pesto over all of the spinach and feta cheese to cover.
3. Fold the top piece of the chicken over top of the the spinach, feta and pesto and press down. Secure with a toothpick.
4. Place on baking sheet lined with foil.
5. Cover the outside of the prepared chicken with more of the pesto.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until the thickest area on each of the chicken breasts is at 165 degrees.
7. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.