By Kelly Hodgson
I was brainstorming on how to make ninja turtle cupcakes and realized that oreos are the perfect size for turtle heads!
1. Place the green chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave one minute at a time, stirring after each minute, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
2. Use parchment paper or tin foil to line a tray, cutting board or any hard surface.
3. Using a fork, dip the oreos into the melted green chocolate, turning to coat each side. Remove the covered cookie and gently place on the parchment paper or foil to dry.
4. Repeat this process until you have as many oreos covered as you need. I did 16, four of each ninja turtle.
5. Wait until the cookies are dry. This takes about an hour or you can accelerate the process and put them in the fridge or freezer.
6. You can either make homemade white icing and use food colouring to make each colour of you can buy pre mixed icing tubes in the colour you need.
7. Pipe a stripe of icing across the top third of the cookie to make the ninja turtle mask. Repeat in each colour for the number of cookies you want completed.
8. Melt the chocolate chips and use the dark chocolate to pipe on a mouth. For a quick piping bag, use a plastic bag and just cut a very small hole in one corner.
9. Press the candy eyes into the masks.