1. Preheat the oven to 375 F and line muffin tins with muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, ground flax, baking powder and baking soda and cinnamon. Mix together.
3. Add the applesauce, sugar, milk, oil and egg. Mix gently to combine.
4. Stir in the blueberries.
5. Pour the batter into the muffin cups, about 2/3 full. You can also make mini muffins or 24 smaller muffins (use medium muffin cups).
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes (closer to 20 if you are doing large muffins). They are ready when golden brown and spring back when touched.
This recipe was adapted from the 'How To Feed A Family' cookbook.