By Kelly Hodgson
Each month at our Tales for Tots program we read a new book and one lucky mama gets to take that book home to enjoy. This month, Scholastic Canada provided us with Robert Munsch's Pyjama Day – a story about what happens when those pajamas are just too comfortable!
When's the last time you declared a pyjama day? Sometimes a day with nothing on the agenda and no 'to do' lists is exactly what everyone needs. So what can you do on a declared pyjama day? Well, whatever you want!
Here are some of the things that make our pyjama day list:
2. Read books! Pyjama Day is a great book and we offer these other winter time story ideas too.
4. Bake! Kids love helping in the kitchen (and let's be honest, making a mess!). This is our favourite cookie recipe but you can search the momstown.ca for hundreds of baking recipes from cookies to cupcakes, squares and more.
5. Puzzles and games. Do every puzzle you have in the house. Favourite games of ours include CandyLand, Hungry Hippos and Uno Moo.
6. Build a fort.
7. Watch a new or a favourite movie.
9. Sensory play. Click here for lots of ideas for kids of all ages.
10. Take a nap snuggled up together.