Books always make a great toddler gifts so feel free to use these recommendations to give to others or to build your own library at home.
Toddler Series momstown Oakville mama's love
1. "That's Not My…" by Usbourne Children's Books
These books have textured pages and have a simple and repetitive story. Really great for developing sensory and language awareness in babies and toddlers. They have "That's not my Angel" and "That's not my Santa" – perfect for a first Christmas gift.
2. Free Spirit Toddler Tools Series by Elizabeth Verdick
These books are about regular occurances that toddlers have to manage. Meal time, nap time, bed time and helps them learn more about these routines and and learn about these areas that can sometimes be trying for both parents and the child.
3. J.D. Lester Series
"Mommy Calls Me Monkeypants"
"Daddy Calls Me Doodlebug"
"Grandma Calls Me Gigglepie"
Toddler Books that momstown Oakville mama's love
1. Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell
2. Sing a Song of Mother Goose by Barbara Reid
3. I Love you Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
4. Good Night Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
5. Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
6. The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson
7. One Sheep, Blue Sheep by Thom Wiley
And of course we all mentioned timeless favourites such as 'Brown Bear' and 'Good Night Moon' and lift the flap book series like 'Spot the Dog' and books by Karen Katz. Leave us a comment about what books are favourites at your house. Join us at our monthly Tales for Tots program where we read a new book provided by Scholastic Canada and one lucky mama gets to take a copy home.